Monday, September 20, 2010

Promises, Promises

I have learned something recently about myself. About this blog.
I keep making promises I cannot keep. Not that I don't love blogging, love reading and love writing. I just love the idea of me getting into college more. I've read a ton of ARCs lately, some that I loved, some that I loved less. For example, I absolutely loved Cassandra Clare's new book that I read in July. I only have two critisms: 1) the characters seemed a little too much like their ancenstors, Clary and Jace, among others. 2) The back cover wasn't exactly a correct description of the book. Less love triangle, less love in general, actually. The plot moved the book, not necesarily the relationships, like in Cassandra's other books.
I adored Holly Black's WHITE CAT. I read it in a day, locked in my room over spring break.
I couldn't get through THE MARK. I just couldn't help but feel like I'd read it before. A few times, actually.
And that's just naming a few of the many oboks that I read and loved over the summmer.
So here's what I have to say about my promises: there are none. My post will be sporatic. I'm just trying to get through my junior year. But I've also decided that this blog is not something I want to give up. I love the YA community, and I love the stories that I read.

In other news:
I'm starting a lit club at my school. It'll consist of writing, a little bit of reading, editing and submission to publications. It will mainly be short stories. Do you guys have any ideas about formats, great creative writing or fun editing activities? I want to hear!

More to come,
Mary

No comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails