Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

When this book was recommended to me as the book "that will change the way I look at the world," I thought it would be a complete exaggeration. But after I read it, my view of the world had changed. This modern day Catcher and the Rye is written with a lazy writing stile that gives way to incredible insights and epiphanies makes you think a little bit differently about your situation. I would not however recommended this book to people under the age of fourteen. Where Holden does not go into detail on his endeavours in Catcher and The Rye, Charlie does not spare the gory details. It also is one of the most depressing books I have ever read. Regardless, this is a fantastic book. It even caused me to go through it with a highlighter- something I have never before done with a non-school related book.
More to come,
OfficiallyMRS

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails