Friday, August 21, 2009

More Wings News

Okay, so after looking at Suzie's comment on the last blog entry, I decided to do some research.
It's true.
Miley strikes again.
This is from Aprilynne Pike's website.

"Miley Cyrus, Disney, Temple Hill, and Wings
By Kenneth Pike - Posted on 14 July 2009
In the summer of 2007, my wife wrote a book. It was a good book! I enjoyed it. I had a notion that it would get published. I even made some predictions to that effect.
Apparently I was thinking too small. Remind me never to underestimate my wife.
The
film rights to Wings have been optioned by Disney (yeah, that Disney). Attached to produce are none other than Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill Entertainment. Attached to star? The inimitable Miley Cyrus, with Tish Cyrus attached as an executive producer.
So now you know.
The fine print, of course, is that Hollywood is a complicated place to be. Disney may decide, for whatever reason, to never exercise the option. Scripts change. Casting choices change. This is only the first step down the road to a movie--a road that could be long, short, or somewhere in-between.
But, hey, what a step, right? d^_^b
If you haven't already, please stop by
Aprilynne's blog and congratulate her. And if you happen to be someone from HarperTeen, Writers House, UTA, Disney, Temple Hill, or anyone else who has been involved in the tremendous process of making Wings what it has become, you deserve a round of applause. Well done.
And the rest of you, who have enjoyed Aprilynne's book by the thousands: thank you. I apologize for posting so often on her behalf, but Aprilynne is hard at work making the rest of the series something really special for you to enjoy.
Please feel free to insert a witty valediction here. d^_^b"


I personally am not sure how I feel about this. I would love to have a Wings the movie.
I would be thrilled for Aprilynne and her hard work and I would go see it and force my friends to go see it even if they don't want to.
And I have nothing against Miley. She is very talented.
But I am not at all sure how I feel about the combination of the two.
At. All.
What do you guys think?
More to come,
OfficiallyMRS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh dear...
now, i didn't enjoy the book so frankly i don't care what they do with the movie... but Miley Cyrus? Really?
*sigh*
i really would like to know why this is being made into a movie when, say, Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty books just fell through their movie contract... or Melissa Marr's books... i'd like THOSE to be a movie!

You may also like...

Related Posts with Thumbnails